It was on January 25, 1920, three adults and two children from the community of Mimico, Ontario, along with two guests from High Park Baptist Church in Toronto, met and decided to begin a Baptist work in Mimico. On May 21, 1920 the Baptist Mission in Mimico was recognized by the Baptist Convention of Ontario and Quebec (now CBOQ). December 29, 1920, the Mission meeting in rented facilities on Mimico Avenue, was officially organized in to a church.
It was on October 15, 1922 that Mr. John Ryrie (taking the place of Samuel J. Moore) laid the corner stone for the new Mimico Baptist Church. On March 11, 1923, the first service was held in the new building of the Mimico Baptist Church.
On January 25, 2020, we celebrated the 100th year of our church recognizing the faithfulness of God and his people. There is both a song and a book to commemorate this event.
On Sunday, January 26, 2020, we celebrated 100 years of the faithfulness of God and his people: We were pleased to welcome the Rev. Tim McCoy, Executive Minister of CBOQ to bring our centennial message. The service was followed by a Gala Banquet.
We are blessed with an accessible facility in an ideal location. We are in the midst of a residential community with a large park across the road, a community school and a large public school right beside us. In this strategic area of high people traffic, we have recently completed major renovations to make our ministries, community programs and facility accessible. We have turned our lawn into a park with picnic tables to welcome people to our space. The parsonage is located next to the church building.